Xbox has confirmed the first wave of games that are coming to Xbox Game Pass this month. Included in the new selection are Ghost Recon Wildlands, Turbo Golf Racing, Two Point Campus, and more. Both Midnight Fight Express and Immortality are not included in the announcement, but are already confirmed as Game Pass entries near the end of August.
In July, Game Pass saw the likes of Watch Dogs 2, As Dusk Falls, Far Cry 5, Yakuza 0, Last Call BBS, and plenty of other titles hit the service. We’re expecting another wave of games to be announced for Game Pass in the second half of the month, so stay tuned for more updates.
Everything Coming to Xbox Game Pass in This Month
- Ghost Recon Wildlands (Cloud, Console, and PC) — Available Now
- Shenzhen I/O (PC) [email protected] — August 4
- Turbo Golf Racing (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) [email protected] — August 4
- Two Point Campus (Cloud, Console, and PC) — August 9
- Cooking Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC) — August 11
- Expeditions: Rome (PC) — August 11
- Offworld Trading Company (PC) [email protected] — August 11
- Midnight Fight Express (Console, PC) — August 23
- Immortality (Console, PC) — August 30
Everything Leaving Game Pass in August 2022
The following games are leaving the Game Pass library by August 15, so if you want to keep playing them you’ll need to finalise a purchase before they leave.
- Boyfriend Dungeon (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Curse of the Dead Gods (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Library of Ruina (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Starmancer (Game Preview) (PC)
- Train Sim World 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
New Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks This Month
- Fall Guys: Coconut Milk Costume — Available now
- Skate 3: Upgrade Bundle — August 11
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Noweyr Pack — August 16
Best Game Pass Deal Right Now: 2-Years of Game Pass Ultimate for $135 (Save $224)
First up, your Game Pass subscription must not currently be active – I repeat, you must not have an active Game Pass for this to work. Once you’re confident, proceed to the next step.
Next, you need to invest in up to 3-years worth of Xbox Live Gold. You can easily buy 12-month Xbox Live Gold codes from Amazon or other retailers, costing $60/£50 depending on your region.
- Xbox Live Gold – 12-Month (UK) – £49.99
I Recommend Stacking 2-Years of Xbox Live Gold
The maximum amount of stacking for Gold subscriptions is 36-months (costing $180), any more than that will be lost. So, to keep things safe for those who currently have a Gold membership, I recommend sticking to just 2-years’ worth (costing $120/£100).
Now, here’s the fun part. Once you’ve redeemed these codes and stacked your Xbox Live Gold membership up to your liking, you can then convert this time to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a 1:1 ratio.
Head to the Xbox Live Gold upgrade page and proceed to convert the time you’ve paid for directly into Game Pass Ultimate. If you’ve never used the upgrade feature before, this will cost $1/£1 (total cost coming to $121/£101). If you have used this before, it will instead cost you $14.99/£10.99 to upgrade.
Overall, at most, you’ll be paying only $135 for 2-years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (instead of $359). If you manage to pull off a 3-year conversion, at most you’ll be paying $195 instead (instead of $539). Now that’s a big discount. Once you’re done, just make sure you turn off auto renewal as well.
Robert Anderson is a deals expert and Commerce Editor for Reso. You can follow him @robertliam21 on Twitter.